When something is stylish?Asked by: Daisy Hill | Last update: 29 June 2021
Score: 4.1/5 (33 votes)
Someone or something that is stylish is smart, elegant, and fashionable. ... a very attractive and very stylish woman of 27.View full answer
Also Know, What do you call someone who is very stylish?
dapper, dashing, jaunty, natty, raffish, rakish, snappy, spiffy, spruce. marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners. faddish, faddy.
Beside the above, What is a synonym for stylish?. fashionable, modish, voguish, modern, ultra-modern, contemporary, up to date, up to the minute, trendsetting. smart, sophisticated, elegant, chic, polished, dapper, debonair, dashing, fine, fancy, flashy, designer.
Regarding this, What is connotation of stylish?
adjective. characterized by or conforming to style or the fashionable standard; fashionably elegant; smart or chic: She wore a very stylish gown to the inaugural ball.
How do you describe a fashionable person?
1 chic, smart, modish, voguish, elegant.
genteel. Elegantly stylish or fashionable: 19. 5. chic.
- I expect we shall be about the most stylish girls there.
- He had become a stylish dresser and looked younger.
- She dresses so nicely and looks so stylish in her clothes.
- It is stylish to have hair ribbons to match your dress.
tastefully fine or luxurious in dress, style, design, etc.: elegant furnishings. gracefully refined and dignified, as in tastes, habits, or literary style: an elegant young gentleman; an elegant prosodist.
Positive. A word whose connotation implies positive emotions and associations. For example, “the aroma of my grandmother's cooking” produces a positive association, because the word “aroma” implies that the smell is pleasing and inviting.
Noun. fashion, style, mode, vogue, fad, rage, craze mean the usage accepted by those who want to be up-to-date. fashion is the most general term and applies to any way of dressing, behaving, writing, or performing that is favored at any one time or place.
Nick Jonas has been named the “most stylish man” of 2018 by GQ magazine. The Jealous singer was awarded the title after fans voted in a poll on the magazine's website, with the majority choosing him from a list of 64 others that included Ryan Reynolds, John Legend and Jeff Goldblum.
- A futuristic model car was on display in the museum, representing what transportation might look like in 50 years. ...
- Looking futuristic, the woman's innovative outfit looked more like a space suit than a dinner ensemble. ...
- In the futuristic play, most of the cast was wearing alien like leotards.
- Let's get in out of this cold wind. ...
- She felt as though a cold hand grasped her stomach and squeezed hard. ...
- It was cold in the cave. ...
- She knows about cold springs. ...
- It was cold and dark. ...
- One cold winter night I was alone in my room. ...
- She rubbed her arms as cold fingers clutched at her heart.
Stubborn sentence example. Your body is stubborn , but you will heal. All because she was too stubborn to ask Evelyn to leave. She was strong and stubborn enough to walk away from him.
Here are some writing tips to help you use clothing descriptions in your creative writing: Integrate clothing into your initial character description. The first time readers meet a character, they should get a sense of how they dress. Study articles of clothing to make sure you know what they look like.
A style is a set of formatting attributes that define the appearance of an element in the document. For example, a character style will contain font or font face attributes, while a paragraph style will contain paragraph alignment and line spacing attributes.