What does southeastward mean?Asked by: Alice Kennedy | Last update: 18 June 2021
Score: 4.2/5 (26 votes)
(Entry 1 of 2) : toward the southeast.View full answer
In this manner, What does Liminary mean?
: placed at the beginning (as of a book) : introductory, preliminary liminary quotations from the Greek or Latin— Gouverneur Paulding.
Likewise, people ask, What does Harted mean?. 1 : extreme dislike or disgust : hate. 2 : ill will or resentment that is usually mutual : prejudiced hostility or animosity old racial prejudices and national hatreds— Peter Thomson. Synonyms & Antonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about hatred.
Similarly, it is asked, What does Detirement mean?
Detriment is the hurt or harm as a result of damage, loss, or a bad decision. The developers won the lawsuit, much to the detriment of the people who live near the construction site.
What does dissuasive mean?
Definitions of dissuasive. adjective. deterring from action. “dissuasive advice” “made a slight dissuasive gesture with her hand”
adjective. tending or liable to dissuade.
to put an individual in a destructive or negative state of mind.
1 : loss or harm resulting from injury to person, property, or reputation flood damage sustained severe damage to her knee. 2 damages plural : compensation in money imposed by law for loss or injury The judge awarded them $5,000 in damages.
Verb. hate, detest, abhor, abominate, loathe mean to feel strong aversion or intense dislike for. hate implies an emotional aversion often coupled with enmity or malice.
(Entry 1 of 2) : a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person. : attraction that includes sexual desire : the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship. : a person you love in a romantic way.
Hatred is an angry or resentful emotional response to certain people or ideas. Hatred is often associated with feelings of anger, disgust and a disposition towards the source of hostility.
- He has played with all the great jazz luminaries.
- Guests included show business luminaries such as Bob Hope.
- Being their son must have meant living constantly in the shadow of two brilliant luminaries.
- The rationalist past and the luminaries of Western humanism have been reclaimed, Marx among them.
- already stated.
- previously mentioned.
- the indicated.
- the present.
- trot out.
- discourage, deter, prevent, disincline, turn aside, divert, sidetrack.
- talk out of, persuade against, persuade not to, argue out of, put off, stop, scare off, warn off.
- advise against, urge against, advise not to, urge not to, caution against, expostulate against.
- She said nothing to dissuade him. ...
- I don't think removing my GPS tracking will dissuade him for long. ...
- But, I thought, if you would come out and talk to him, see if you can dissuade him, it might help.