Is perceivably a word?Asked by: Dominic Gray | Last update: 29 June 2021
Score: 4.1/5 (68 votes)
adjective. capable of being perceived; perceptible.View full answer
Also question is, What does Perceivably mean?
adjective. capable of being perceived; perceptible.
Also question is, How do you spell Perceivably?.
Similar spelling words for PERCEIVABLE
Beside the above, What is the meaning of discernible?
Discernible means able to be recognized, identified, or distinguished. If two things are described as discernible, it means they can be told apart.
What is perceivable form?
1. perceivable - capable of being perceived especially by sight or hearing; "perceivable through the mist" perceptible - capable of being perceived by the mind or senses; "a perceptible limp"; "easily perceptible sounds"; "perceptible changes in behavior" 2. perceivable - capable of being apprehended or understood.
phrase. If you say that something will happen for the foreseeable future, you think that it will continue to happen for a long time.
1a : favorable opinion especially : excessive appreciation of one's own worth or virtue … the landlord's conceit of his own superior knowledge … — Adam Smith. b(1) : a result of mental activity : thought. (2) : individual opinion.
The definition of discernible is something that can be seen or felt. An example of discernible is a person's eye color. Perceptible, as by vision or the intellect.
1. Capable of being seen: perceivable, perceptible, seeable, viewable, visible, visual.
: flagrantly wicked or impious : evil.
: capable of being perceived especially by the senses a perceptible change in her tone a barely perceptible light.
verb (used with object), per·ceived, per·ceiv·ing. to become aware of, know, or identify by means of the senses: I perceived an object looming through the mist.
1 : to consider and appraise usually from a particular point of view is highly regarded as a mechanic. 2 : to pay attention to : take into consideration or account. 3 : to look at.
As adjectives the difference between perceptible and perceivable. is that perceptible is able to be perceived, sensed, or discerned while perceivable is capable of being perceived; discernible.
Frequently Asked Questions About perceptible
Some common synonyms of perceptible are appreciable, palpable, ponderable, sensible, and tangible. While all these words mean "apprehensible as real or existent," perceptible applies to what can be discerned by the senses often to a minimal extent.
Operability is the ability to keep a piece of equipment, a system or a whole industrial installation in a safe and reliable functioning condition, according to pre-defined operational requirements.
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 : marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior a flamboyant performer. 2 often capitalized : characterized by waving curves suggesting flames flamboyant tracery flamboyant architecture.
- It was discernible to everyone that the homeless man did not belong at the luxury hotel. ...
- High gas prices are expected to have a discernible effect on the number of road trips taken this summer. ...
- Even though Jane used makeup to cover the bruises on her face, the marks were discernible to me.
adjective. characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance. “a conceited fool” “an attitude of self- conceited arrogance” synonyms: egotistic, egotistical, self-conceited, swollen, swollen-headed, vain proud.