How to port your sim card?Asked by: Wendy Clarke | Last update: 29 June 2021
Score: 4.4/5 (23 votes)
Send the following text message - PORT followed by your 10-digit mobile number to TRAI's central number for mobile number portability - 1900. Example: Send 'PORT 98xxxxxx98' to 1900. You'll receive an SMS back with a port out code which will remain valid for only 15 days.View full answer
Besides, How can I port my sim online?
* Download the MyJio app from Google Play store or App store. * Open the app and head over to the port section of the app. * The app offers two options: Get a new Jio SIM and keep the existing number and just change the network. * Select the type of SIM you want between prepaid and postpaid.
Keeping this in consideration, How do I keep my number when switching SIM cards?.
- Call or text your current provider to request a mobile PAC code. A PAC code should be given to you immediately over the phone or within two hours by text. ...
- Contact your new network and give them the PAC code. ...
- Check the SIM works in your phone and the new number has ported across.
Secondly, Can you keep the same phone number with a new SIM card?
Yes, you can. If you move from one network to another then you need to ask your old network for a PAC code, and give it to your new network within 30 days. Your new network will port your mobile number over to your new SIM.
What is needed for porting SIM card?
Documents required for MNP
Duly filled CAF form (Customer Agreement Form) with UPC code details. Copy of your Identity proof (Driving License / PAN Card / Passport etc.)
Yes, you can port back to your old old network, but only after a period of 90 days. This 90 days period is called the MNP lock-in period. The method of porting back to the old network is same.
As per TRAI, it will take three working days to port to another operator with the same circle or LSA (Licensed Service Area). In cases of porting to another LSA, the MNP process will take place within five working days.
For new replacement sim:
- Visit Airtel store. ...
- Fill the duplicate SIM card form.
- Provide your address proof.
- Provide two photos.
- SIM replacement charges.
You can take the SIM card out, put it into another phone, and if someone calls your number, the new phone will ring. ... If the SIM card and phone serial number don't match, the phone simply won't work. The SIM card won't work in other phones, and the phone won't work with other SIM cards.
No, iPhones and Android use different technology in their SIM cards. It may work for a while but will eventually stop.
So if you want to shift to other operators without changing your number, you can opt for Mobile Number Portability or MNP. Here's how MNP works. Step 1: To begin with, you need to generate UPC (Unique Porting Code) by sending SMS to 1900.
How long does the porting process last? FCC rules require simple ports, which generally do not involve more than one line or more complex adjustments to telephone switching equipment, to be processed in one business day. You may be able to use your phone within a few hours for changes among wireless service providers.
- Duly notarized Affidavit of Loss.
- One (1) valid Proof of Identification. ...
- Any proof of ownership of the lost/stolen SIM card (PUK slip, SIM casing, personalized Smart Money card.
– The 3 Month Rule. A subscriber is eligible to make a porting request only after 90 days of the date of activation of his mobile connection. If a number is already ported once, the number can again be ported only after 90 days from the date of the previous porting.
Vodafone topped the chart in the upload segment with network speed of 6.5 Mbps. It was followed by Idea with upload speed of 5.8 Mbps, Airtel 4 Mbps and Jio 3.7 Mbps.
Jio allows you to port your mobile number to both its prepaid and postpaid services and through online and offline channels. You need to keep your original address and identity proof handy. ... You can also use the MyJio app on your phone to book the delivery of the new SIM.
* Head over to airtel.in, hover on 'Prepaid' and then click on 'New Prepaid SIM'. * Select an FRC (First Recharge Coupon) plan and enter your details. Along with the option, if you want to port a number or get a new connection. * Click submit and you are done.
In case your sim is damaged/broken, lost (mishandled) or stolen, you can replace that sim and retain your phone number to the affiliate office/center of the telco company. Some telco companies requires you to bring the sim pack (the card which the sim was attached) but others do not.
Contact the local authorities if necessary.
Sometimes, an Android user loses his or her SIM card without anything criminal happening. However, if there is evidence that a theft has occurred and your SIM card was used for fraudulent purposes, you need to file a police report.